Colin Hung is editor and chief marketing officer for Healthcare Scene. He is also co-founder of the healthcare leadership tweetchat – which is one of the most popular and active healthcare social media communities on Twitter.
With host John Moran, Colin shares insightful takes on the impact COVID-19 is having on the news, areas of innovation during the pandemic and why thought leaders should move past theories and share real solutions. He also breaks down his unusual journey from mechanical engineer to healthcare editor and marketer.
- 00:33 — COVID-19 is dominating almost every aspect of their editorial output in just six weeks.
- 02:34 — Telehealth taking off as a breakthrough option for both patients and clinicians.
- 07:46 — The unexpected silver lining of COVID-19: rapid technology and logistics innovation.
- 10:17 — The impact of COVID-19 on healthcare IT budgets.
- 11:33 — How the Situation Awareness for Novel Epidemic Response (SANER) Project aims to revolutionize outdated and unreliable data-sharing processes.
- 13:42 — New ONC rules on interoperability have taken a backseat to COVID-19 coverage, but it’s still important.
- 15:21 — Colin discusses his journey from mechanical engineer to sales to marketing and beyond.
- 17:13 — Social media as a conversational equalizer.
- 19:07 — Smaller healthcare conference and online events may thrive in coming months.
- 21:27 — Personalized pitches and real solutions increase chances of catching a reporter’s attention.
- 24:00 — Staying sane during quarantine.