In 2021, Aqua Security reached $1B valuation — unicorn status. At this point of maturity, it was vital to accelerate corporate visibility during the critical growth period on its drive toward IPO.
Aqua had amazing research and deep expertise in their field, but their existing media relations and content program couldn’t scale. Gartner also identified and defined a new market — cloud native application protection platforms (CNAPP) — that encompassed Aqua’s industry-leading capabilities. There was a huge opportunity to own this new market.
"Security pros, PR experts, marketing gurus and partners. The Look Left team is my go-to for building brand awareness in an emerging and crowded market."
Nicole Canulla, Sr. Director of Corporate Communications, Aqua Security
Aqua brought on Look Left because of the company’s deep expertise in security, developer and open source tech. Look Left tapped into Aqua’s bench of experts and leveraged relationships with leading media in these categories to drive massive gains across the board. The company built relationships with Aqua’s executives, open source team and research team, Aqua Nautilus, to increase the amount and quality of coverage. Finally, the team worked with Aqua to increase the number of announcements incorporating CNAPP messaging, contributed content and commentary to increase share of voice against competitors in the CNAPP market.
- Exceeded goal of 400 media placements by 35%
- Tripled open source coverage YoY in 2022
- More than 144 total placements for Nautilus research in 2022
- #1 in CNAPP share of voice for 2022 (34% of global coverage)
- Regularly covered in leading publications including BleepingComputer, The Hacker News, Ars Technica, Dark Reading, InfoWorld, and SDxCentral
- Media coverage consistently drives referral traffic to Aqua’s website