Janice McCallum, managing director for Health Content Advisors, is a marketing strategist for companies that produce healthcare content or data products. She specializes in developing and assessing business models that leverage the value of data and has a strong focus on how the healthcare industry can improve information access to enable informed decision making.
Over her 25 years of consulting, Janice has led engagements with dozens of companies, including Thomson Reuters, Elsevier, D&B, Microsoft Health Solutions Group and some of the top medical journal publishers like NEJM. She also serves as an independent board member for the Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery and is a past board member of The Society for Participatory Medicine.
In addition to speaking at industry conferences, Janice is consistently on the #HIT100 list of top contributors to health IT in social media, as well as being a HIMSS social media ambassador for three years.
Look Left’s Davida Dinerman recently spoke with Janice McCallum on the Look Left @ Marketing Podcast to talk about a wide range of healthcare and data topics.
- 06:22 - The challenges brought on by today’s vast volumes of data
- 09:16 - Janice’s interest in infodemiology
- 15:46 - The promise and challenges of patient-provided information
- 22:11 - Why aren’t we prescribing more information?
- 25:53 - The development of patient communities
- 27:35 - Not all patients are alike and the system needs to reflect that