In February of this year, Protocol made its high-profile debut. The new tech media outlet promised to cover the market in a way that goes beyond the story of the day, to “illuminate the personalities, relationships, clashes, ideas and strategies playing out in the shadows of power.” Protocol was started by the same team that created the hugely successful site POLITICO. Bennett Richardson is vice president and general manager of Protocol. Previously, he was executive director of global strategic partnerships at POLITICO.
Look Left’s John Moran spoke with Bennett about Protocol’s roller-coaster first six months in operation and looks ahead to the months ahead, including the presidential election.
- 01:54 - The two things that make Protocol different
- 04:31 - Taking a “deep-dive” approach to reporting on the impact of Big Tech
- 07:34 - Bouncing back from April lay-offs
- 08:44 - Protocol’s biggest stories thus far at the intersection of tech and politics
- 11:56 - Covering the dynamics and personalities of tech’s leaders
- 15:04 - The role of tech in the 2020 elections